Zucchini and Olive Pasta Sauce
A quick and delicious pasta idea. The sauce is all raw - it just gets heated slightly before serving. We like to eat it with rye pasta but it could be served on rice or with fish.
200g organic wholemeal rye pasta
chopped in rough chunks
1/4 red onion (50g), chopped
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/4 cup olive oil
1 – 2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 Tbsp powdered vegetable stock (we use ‘Rapunzel’)
or 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/3 cup black olives, stones removed and sliced
- Bring a large pot of water to boil
- Meanwhile place in a food processor all the sauce ingredients (leave out the olives). Blend at high speed for a minute or two, until smooth.
- Boil the pasta according to instruction on the packet. When cooked, drain and return to the pot.
- Add the blended sauce to the pot, and heat while stirring for a minute or so - until everything is warm.
- Add the olives, mix again and serve. Top with Goat Feta or Parmesan cheese if you wish.