Thank goodness for life-saving one dish meals! This recipe
was made in five minutes, with a baby in one arm and a food processor. The
result was remarkably good. It could be made by hand if you have two hands
available. This bake is especially yummy with a dollop of chutney on top and a
salad on the side.
4 medium parsnips, scrubbed or peeled
400 g pumpkin, peeled
1 small onion
2 tsp vegetable stock (we use rapunzel)
1 Tbl dried basil
½ c milk (any sort)
Optional additions (to add at the mixing stage)
1 c leftover grain (millet is great, but any would work)
1 chopped capsicum (red pepper)
4 sundried tomatoes (chopped)
1 can salmon
1) Put onion in food processor with stock, pepper and basil. Pulse until finely chopped.
2) Grate parsnip and pumpkin using the grating blade.
3) Tip into a baking dish and mix together. Mix in any of the additional ingredients you fancy.
4) Whisk egg and milk together separately and pour over vegetables. Press down vegetables so egg mixture rises through.
5) Bake at 180ºC until firm and set (about 40 minutes).