These yummy cookies are dairy, gluten, egg and refined-sugar free. I made them up one day during a low-allergenic diet phase, for the sake of curing my baby son’s colic (it worked). They hit the spot for me and my two year old really liked them also.
Note: This recipe contains gluten free flours (rice/buckwheat/potato) and xantham gum. This gum makes the baking powder work. You can alternatively use ordinary flour or a gluten free flour mix instead of these 4 ingredients.
75 g finely chopped dates
75 g finely chopped dried apricots
1/3 cup honey
150g butter or olive oil spread
1 ½ t baking powder
100 g rice flour
50 g buckwheat flour
50 g potato starch or tapioca flour
½ tsp xantham gum
½ t salt
1 t vanilla
Zest of 1 lemon
1. Heat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. In the food processor, whizz up the dried fruit, butter/olive oil spread, honey and zest until smooth and creamy.
3. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until just combined.
4. Place spoonfuls on a tray and slightly press down. (It makes 12 large or 16 small)
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes until brown.