Healthy Savoury Wedges
These wedges are so tasty, and perfect for appeasing that deep fried chip craving.
They are lightly drizzled with rice bran oil, (ideal for high temperature cooking), and coated with in a delicious combination of herbs and spices. Serve these oven baked wedges with fresh grilled fish, a piece of organic steak, or on their own with a yummy dip like guacamole.
We prefer to use Agria potatoes. They are a firm, well-flavoured potato; a brilliant all-rounder with superior flavour. Once you start using Agria potatoes, standard varieties will pale in comparison. The golden colour is especially appealing!
4 medium size potatoes (ideally Agria variety)
4 T rice bran oil
1 tsp organic vegetable stock ( we like the Rapunzel brand)
½ tsp cumin powder
1 tsp dried rosemary
½ tsp curry powder
¼ tsp sea salt
1) Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees celsius (about 400 fahrenheit).
2) Scrub the potatoes and leave the skin on.
3) Slice the potatoes into wedges and place in a bowl.
4) Pour in oil and coat wedges by tumbling them around the bowl with your hands.
5) Place all remaining ingredients in a spice/coffee grinder and whiz up until fine.
6) Sprinkle herb-spice mix over wedges and stir gently in until wedges are evenly coated.
7) Place in a pre-heated large oven tray and spread out as much as possible.
8) Bake until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside (about 15-20 minutes).