Greens, Bacon and Poached Eggs
This makes a deliciously satisfying and nutritious lower carb breakfast. You’ll get lots of essential minerals from the leafy greens, plus good protein from the bacon and eggs.
This is my idea of weekend breakfast heaven! However it’s equally ideal for lunch or dinner. Use organic free range bacon and eggs for better flavour. You'll also be supporting more wholesome farming practices.
2 T olive oil or organic butter
1 large bunch dark leafy greens [kale, chard (silverbeet) or Chinese greens]
4 rashers organic (or wild) free range bacon
1 medium onion
1 clove crushed garlic
2 T soy sauce
½ squeezed lemon
½ capsicum (bell pepper), red or green, chopped
Pinch of Cayenne pepper
1. Gently saute the onions, garlic and bacon
with the olive oil in a wok.
2. Remove stems and roughly chop greens. Place in wok and cover with a lid. Steam until tender.
3. Meanwhile poach the required number of perfect poached eggs.
4. Dice the tomatoes and add to wok with remaining ingredients.
5. Serve on warm plates and top with the poached eggs. Add a grind of black pepper to taste.