Fresh Corn Salad
The dramatic combination of colours in this salad can turn a simple meal into a stunner! Arame is a mid-tasting Japanese seaweed available in most healthfood or Asian stores.
Seaweeds are an excellent source of minerals and can actually help the body release toxic heavy metals.
2 cobs fresh corn
About 1/3 cup dry arame seaweed
½ red capsicum/pepper
2 stalks of celery
½ cup olive oil
3 T umeboshi vinegar
1 T wholegrain mustard
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
1) Soak the arame in about 1 cup of water while preparing the other ingredients.
2) Peel the husk from the corn. Break each cob in half. Stand the corn on its end and slice off the kernels, as close as possible to the core. Place corn in a bowl and use your fingers to break the kernels apart
3) Dice the avocado, add to the salad.
4) Slice or dice the red capsicum. Chop the celery into thin pieces. Add these to the corn.
5) Put all the dressing ingredients into a small jar. Shake well. Add about half of this to the salad (save the rest in the fridge for another time!).
6) Drain the arame and add it to the salad. Mix everything well.
7) Add the diced avocado and toss gently.